- The Ruhleben Football Association - In 1914, at the outbreak of the First World War, several of Britain’s greatest footballers were interned in a brutal prison camp at Ruhleben, near Berlin. My new book tells the true story of how the prisoners used the game of football to survive, and how some of them used it to escape.
- Savage Enthusiasm: A History of Football Fans - Savage Enthusiasm explores the complete history of watching football, from the very earliest days of the game, via golden ages and troubled times, through to the present day.
- From a Blood-Red Sea: The Last Voyage of Daniel Collins - From a Blood-Red Sea is the incredible true story of US sailor Daniel Collins, who was shipwrecked and then attacked by pirates during his first – and last – voyage as a merchant seaman, in the winter of 1824.
- Messages from the Sea: Letters and Notes from a Lost Era - [Editor] Messages from the Sea is a collection of letters and notes found washed ashore on beaches and bobbing in water, in corked bottles and wax-sealed boxes, carved onto wreckage and in the bellies of sharks.
- Sins Dyed in Blood: The Lost Pirate of Blackbeard’s Golden Age - The story of Edward Robinson, the Newcastle Pirate, who sailed with Blackbeard during the Golden Age of Piracy in the early 1700s... »
- All With Smiling Faces: How Newcastle Became United, 1881-1910 - All With Smiling Faces takes a wander through the early history of Newcastle United to discover how the club came to mean so much to so many.
- The Victorian Football Miscellany - The Victorian Football Miscellany is a quirky and fascinating collection of trivia, facts and anecdotes from football’s earliest years.
- The Rocketbelt Caper: A True Tale of Invention, Obsession and Murder - When three friends set out on a quest to build a real-life Buck Rogers-style flying machine, their obsession with the Rocketbelt 2000, or ‘Pretty Bird’, shattered their friendship and set in motion an astonishing chain of events involving theft, deception, a bizarre kidnapping, a ten million dollar lawsuit and a horrifically brutal murder.
Out of print: